Overheads and Additional Notes
for RTF/Com 309 (Fall 1996)
and RTF 309 (Extension)
This section will include many of the class overheads. As with any note
or overhead, you can't really tell what was stressed without coming to
class (or at least talking with people who were in class that day). One
overhead might have multiple uses, and may be used in several different
classes. The development of this section obviously will be ongoing.
- Communication Policy
Overview- What is policy about?
Goals- they can conflict with one another
Models- Three Fundamental Models- Print, Broadcast, and Common Carrier.
Oops, where do Cable or the Internet Fit? (Different Overheads combined)
How much?- Some think much less is better, some worry about 'market
Oversight- Who does it? (overhead a late addition)
- Digital Era
- New Communities
- The Business of Information- Management and Expansion
- If you collect information, who collects information about you?
- Conflicts between public and private access to information
- Impacts on Group and Personal Identity
- Final, Tues. Dec 17th, 9-12 am. Bring ID, please.
309 Homepage and RTF309x
Homepage (each of which use overheads differently and are in different
places in the course)