Welcome to the Main Gallery of my museum. This wing contains puzzles, humor, midi music, pictures, audio, video, programs, and anything else that doesn't specifically belong in another wing of my museum. Enjoy your visit to eclectica!
I've revamped the way this wing is organized. To keep this wing dynamic (ie, to facilitate addition, deletion, and editing of its contents), I've gone partially away from linking specific items from this page. Now, many items are in directories, and the directories are linked from this page. The directories don't have index.html files, so to get back to this page, you'll have to use your browser's "Back" button. That inconvenience is more that made-up-for by the increased ease of maintainance, and perhaps also increased ease of browsing.
- The Cow And The Lighthouse A mathematical brain teaser.
- 13-77-154 A trigonometry problem.
- 13-77-154 Solution The solution to the above problem.
- The Fibonacci Sequence The first 350 terms.
- Prime Number Calculator Calculates prime numbers.
Programming & Cyberculture
Files about computer programming, hacking, and cyberculture:
- Programming (directory) Nearly my entire programming portfolio: C and C++ source files, Perl scripts, Perl modules, etc.
- The New Hacker's Dictionary A large compendium of hacker jargon, along with a lot of information on the hacker lifestyle. (Here I am using the word "hacker" to mean "independent, individualistic, grass-roots, unorthodox computer programmer". I most certainly do not mean "person who violates computer security". That is a "cracker". A few hackers are crackers; but most are not. Most hackers take pride in creating value, and they lable those who steal value from others as "lamers" or "lusers".)
- Vera "Vera" stands for "Virtual Entity of Relevant Acronyms", a backronym for sure (see entry in Hacker's Dictionary for "backronym"). A large collection of acronyms used in computation.
- Jukebox A midi-based jukebox.
- You have two cows! A different look at government.
- Write in C! Some funny advice for programmers. (To be sung to the tune of the Beatles' song "Let It Be".)
- Happily Addicted To The Web All about world-wide-web addiction, to the tune of "Winter Wonderland".
- The Grand Canyon Pictures of the Grand Canyon in northern Arizona, USA.
- Peru: Machu Picchu Pictures of the Machu Picchu region of Peru.
- Scenic Pictures (not by me) (directory) Some very nice scenic background pics. Mostly 800x600pixels, but sharp enough to be used with higher monitor resolutions as well. An http menu. Right-click the links in this menu and select "Save Target As" to download. Click your brower's "Back" button to return here.
- Mars Some pictures of Mars from the Mars Global Surveyor.
- Miscellaneous Images (directory) Various images. This folder serves mainly to hold images to be linked-to by posts in various forums which do not allow direct posting of images. (This is a directory. To download files, right-click them and select "save as". To return here, click your browser's "Back" button.)
Miscellanious Downloadable Files
Most of these links are to directories containing various kinds of downloadable files: programming, games, pages, sounds, videos.
For non-directory links, right click each link and select "Save Target As..." (or whatever the equivalent is in your browser).
- A Few Interesting Books (directory) A few books, mostly in PDF format.
- Zsmanjul A Mandelbrot-Set / Julia-Set program by Dr. Zsolt Zsoldos. On the minus side, it's a bit old, and may not work well in some versions of Windows, and it tends to keep jumping into "demo" mode. But on the plus side, it's tiny, fast, and free. (It was hand-written in assembly language, which accounts for its miniscule size and blazing speed.)
- Humorous Pages (directory) Various amusing bits of written humor.
- Humorous Sounds (directory) Amusing sound files.
- Humorous Videos (directory) Amusing vidoes.