(Single-topic web-logs. Unlike traditional blogs, the posts in these blogs are in ascending chronological order as you scroll down the page, so the most recent post is always at the bottom. Also, there's no RSS yet, but that may change in the future.)
- Runaway Train About my experiences with the "runaway train" of the current global economic crisis.
- Dreams Transcripts of some of my most interesting dreams.
§2: Books, Music, and Movies
- My Favorite Books Here I list, describe, and critique my favorite books (both fiction and nonfiction) and authors.
- JRR Tolkien A short essay on how the works of writer JRR Tolkien have effected my life.
- H. P. Lovecraft This is a biography and bibliography of my favorite writer of weird and dark fantasy.
- My Favorite Music My comments on my favorite music, as well as a few digs on music I don't like.
- My Favorite Movies Here I describe some of my favorite movies.
- Children Here I speak out about the care and upbringing of children.
- In Memory Of The Children Of Sandy Hook In memory of the 26 children of Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Connecticut who were brutally murdered by shooter Adam Lanza on December 14, 2012.
- Slaughter Of The Innocents About a very disturbing news article I read on 9/5/98
- My Personal Philosophy Here I speak out about the things that are the most important to me
- Love Here I expound on this most important of all human emotions.
- Personality Types An essay on the psychology of personality types. Updated 9-6-2000.
- Organized Religion In this essay I expound on the insidious form of mental illness known as "organized religion".
- Smoke Sucking All about the most horrible drug problem the human race has ever faced.
- Television Television was originally invented as an educational tool and a news source. But it is mostly used as a drug, instead.
§6: Mathematics and Non-Linear Systems
- The Mandelbrot Set and Julia Sets A brief essay on these fascinating highly-complex mathematical objects.
§7: Computers and the Internet
- A Brief History of the Internet The Internet has been around a lot longer than you probably think. Here I present its fascinating history.
- A Guide To Web-Site Building Pointers on writing your own web site. Updated January 28, 2003.
- Some Tips For Avoiding Email Disasters A guide on using Internet email. It especially covers what not to do.
- Internet Relationships This is about Internet-based interpersonal relationships. It covers the joys and opportunities, as well as the dangers and pitfalls. I believe that the Internet is not only a good place to meet people, but a good place to form real, lifelong friendships. Too bad most people don't agree with me on this.
- Public Key Cryptography All about how to exchange secret messages with people! Includes my PGP public key. (Updated: I changed my key early July 2005.)
- Computers in a Nutshell This essay was intended to be a basic guide to personal computers: history, hardware, software, configuration, usage, etc. However, the progress in the industry has been moving forward so fast that most of what's in this document is obsolete already. I present it here "for what it's worth". That will be 2¢, please.
§8: Humorous Essays
- Slug On A Hot Tin Roof A tale of a reluctant Mercury Capri
- 99-Cent Box, Part 1 A saga of Fry's Electronics, part 1
- 99-Cent Box, Part 2 A saga of Fry's Electronics, part 2
- Toontown Guide A guide document for playing Disney's ultra-addictive MMORPG, "Toontown Online".